Media/Web Team Resources
The resources on this page were created specifically for team 5172. However, we openly invite other teams to adapt them for their own use.
- Season Media Kickoff PowerPoint Presentation: Robotics Media-website powerpoint(for web)
Blog article schedules, video information, etc. coming soon. Check back here periodically for more information.
Programming Team Resources
Team 5172 has decided to move away from LabView this year and program the robot in C++. Below are some resources that’ll come in handy for our teammates throughout the season:
- FRC C++ Programming Page – This website holds a LOT of good reference material for programming C++ for FRC. If you don’t know anything about C++ yet, you might want to start with the links below (under Getting Started).
- cplusplus.com – This is a great website for general C++ reference material and tutorials. Caution is advised– the website is not geared specifically toward FRC so some guides won’t work/make sense.
- Command based programming – Information about command based programming for FRC. Definitely take a look at this.
- Install Eclipse for C++ using the following instructions: Install Eclipse (You only need to follow the instructions for C++, not java)
- Install 2016 FRC Update Suite: 2016 FRC Update Suite
- Create an account at Github if you don’t already have one. This is what we’ll be using to collaborate.
- Set up git on your computer using the following instructions: Install Git
- Familiarize yourself with Eclipse and watch some youtube tutorials on C++: C++ Tutorials (This step isn’t necessary, but is highly recommended if you’ve never programmed before).
Good luck, and if you have any questions don’t forget to ask a mentor or fellow teammate!