Programming Team Resources
Team 5172 has decided to move away from LabView this year and program the robot in C++. Below are some resources that’ll come in handy for our teammates throughout the season:
- FRC C++ Programming Page – This website holds a LOT of good reference material for programming C++ for FRC. If you don’t know anything about C++ yet, you might want to start with the links below (under Getting Started).
- cplusplus.com – This is a great website for general C++ reference material and tutorials. Caution is advised– the website is not geared specifically toward FRC so some guides won’t work/make sense.
- Command based programming – Information about command based programming for FRC. Definitely take a look at this.
- Install Eclipse for C++ using the following instructions: Install Eclipse (You only need to follow the instructions for C++, not java)
- Install 2016 FRC Update Suite: 2016 FRC Update Suite
- Create an account at Github if you don’t already have one. This is what we’ll be using to collaborate.
- Set up git on your computer using the following instructions: Install Git
- Familiarize yourself with Eclipse and watch some youtube tutorials on C++: C++ Tutorials (This step isn’t necessary, but is highly recommended if you’ve never programmed before).
Good luck, and if you have any questions don’t forget to ask a mentor or fellow teammate!